- 3 cups broccoli florets, cut up
- Olive oil
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Sautee broccoli in olive oil in 10 inch oven proof skillet.
- Cook until tender, bright green and not too soft; remove from skillet.
- Whisk eggs till fluffy. Add broccoli and both cheeses to eggs.
- On medium heat, add egg mixture to skillet; rotate pan to distribute evenly.
- Let the eggs run to the edges of the pan and underneath. Lower the heat a bit and cook till eggs are mostly cooked; you will want to lift the eggs around the edge of the pan often with a spatula to let them cook evenly and make sure the bottom doesn’t overcook.
- Eggs should be mostly set, with middle a bit wet.
- Place pan in oven for 2-3 minutes until the top sets-it should puff up a bit but be careful not to burn the top.
- Carefully slide frittata from the pan onto a large plate.
- Cut in wedges. Serve hot, warm, room temp or even cold.
Mary-Beth says: “Broccoli has made a comeback and has rebuilt its reputation as a star vegetable. Broccoli, a member of the cruciferous family, is packed with nutrients, including calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamins, including C, A, and K, is low in calories and high fiber.”