- 5-6 stalks asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup cheese of choice (Parmesan or cheddar or feta work well)
- Prepare asparagus by cutting about 1 inch from bottom of each stalk.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, add asparagus and sauté till tender.
- Saute for 5-8 minutes, depending on thickness of stalks and how soft you would like it
- Crack eggs over asparagus and cook over low heat till eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs and asparagus.
- Slide onto plate to enjoy.
Adapted from Naturally Ella
Mary-Beth says: “This breakfast (or brunch or supper!) choice is delicious. Pick tender asparagus. Getting a vegetable in at breakfast helps your whole day to be healthy-er.”