- 5-6 ripe apples (pick your favorite type or mix a few together!)
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 -2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel (or don’t!) and slice the apples into slices of even size.
- Put the apples in a small to medium baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon onto the apples.
- Toss well to coat all the apples evenly with the cinnamon mixture.
- Add water to bottom of the dish to prevent sticking.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the apples are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Stir once during the baking time.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top when cool.
Mary-Beth says: “This is about as simple as a “treat” as you can get. I like the apples to be soft and also retain some of their shape; you can cook it longer if you want it to be more like warm applesauce. Add some plain greek yogurt as a topping for even more nutrients!”