- 1 large butternut squash
- Sea salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash skin well.
- Cut length wise (you will need a sharp knife) and scoop out the seeds and stringy flesh.
- Put both halves cut side down in about an inch of water.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about an hour; you will know it is done if it is soft when you stick a fork into the flesh.
- Serve warm or room temperature. Season as desired with sea salt and pepper.
Mary-Beth says: “This is a favorite fall recipe: easy, delicious and nutritious!”