- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 tortillas
- Guacamole, sliced avocado, salsa as desired
- Heat olive oil in skillet and saute bell pepper and corn for 2-3 minutes.
- Smash black beans with back of spoon and add to pan.
- Add cumin and pepper and stir.
- Add 1/2 cup of cheese and stir to combine.
- Fold in the spinach and red cabbage and turn off the heat.
- Place a tortilla on a griddle or large skillet set to medium heat. Warm on one side for 15 seconds and flip.
- Spread 3-4 spoonfuls of the filling over half the tortilla (about 1/2 inch of filling).
- Sprinkle some cheese over and fold tortilla in half to make a half moon shaped quesadilla.
- Flip over to make sure both sides are crispy.
- Continue to use up filling and tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla in 3-4 wedges and enjoy with toppings of choice.
Recipe adapted from “The 30 Day Alzheimer’s Solution cookbook by Dean Sherzai, MD and Ayesha Sherzai, MD
Mary-Beth says: “Vegetables and cheese and tortillas…what more do you need?”