- 2 c almond flour
- ½ c millet flour
- 2 T coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 2 T coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ t vanilla
- Grated zest of 3 oranges
- 3/4 c blackberries (or more)
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, comine the almond flour, millet flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, and orange zest. Stir well
- Add the egg mixture to the almond flour mixture, stirring well.
- Gently fold the blackberries into the dough
- Lay a square piece of parchment paper on the counter.
- Place the dough on the parchment and flatten into a 1 inch thick disk.
- Cut the disk in half, then slice each half into 3 wedges, resting 6 pieces.
- Place the scones on the lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 min, until golden brown.
- Let cook for a few minutes before serving. Store leftover scones in an airtight container in fridge for up to 2 days.
Recipe courtesy of Mark Hyman, MD and FoodtheCookbook.com
Mary-Beth says: “These scones are quite delicious, gluten free and satisfy the need for a special weekend treat!”