- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 ½ cups oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons avocado (or coconut) oil
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Toppings: coconut yogurt (with live cultures) and mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- n a small pan, place the coconut oil, spices and honey on low heat. Stir well without letting it burn.
- In a large bowl mix all the other ingredients and toss in the liquid oil and spices mix. Mix thoroughly and place on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30-45 minutes checking (and MIXING!) every 10 minutes to prevent the granola from burning
- Once it’s done, take it out and let it cool down. Store in a glass jar.
- Enjoy with yogurt and mixed berries.
Recipe courtesy of “This is Your Brain on Food “by Dr Uma Naidoo
Mary-Beth says: “Walnuts, almonds and seeds are rick in Omega 3 fatty acids which have been shown to improve anxiety. The oats are a good source to fiber to help balance your blood sugar and promote the growth of good gut bacteria. Happy gut, happy mood!”