- ~3 cups broccoli florets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon or 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Steam broccoli. Take care to not overcook; it should be firm and bright green.
- Cool a bit.
- Whisk olive oil with juice of one lemon or the lemon juice.
- Pour over broccoli; chill.
- Enjoy as a nutritious side dish, tasty snack or add to your salad.
Mary-Beth says: “Broccoli took a big hit in popularity in 1990 when President Bush let everyone know that he didn’t like broccoli, and prohibited it from Airforce One. I remember thinking “what an odd thing to say, and oh dear for broccoli.”