- 4 grass fed beef burgers
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 4 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 strips bacon (Wellshire Farms makes a nitrate free bacon)
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Pickle chips or spears
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Fresh slaw (Mann’s Superfood is a great choice, available in produce section)
- Ketchup/mustard/mayo as desired
- *Primal kitchen ketchup has no sugar added. Sir Kensington’s Mayo has no artificial ingredients)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add to baking pan and roast for 20-25 minutes till desired doneness.
- Cook the bacon.
- Cook hamburgers on grill or in cast iron skillet.
- Build the bowl:
- Butter lettuce on bottom
- Hamburger next
- Layer sliced tomato, red onion, avocado and bacon on top
- Nestle in a scoop of potatoes around the edges
- Add pickles
- Top with condiments, salt, pepper as desired
Recipe inspired by Juli #paleomg
Mary-Beth says: “Customize these burger bowls as desired, with additional toppings (like cheese!) and side vegetables. You will not miss the bun.”