- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 c. chopped romaine, rinsed and dried
- 15 oz. black beans (rinse and drain)
- 15 oz. organic frozen corn – cooked
- 1 c. brown rice or quinoa
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- Guacamole or diced avocados as a topping
- In a large bowl or baking dish add all the ingredients for the marinade. Mix together to fully combine.
- Add chicken thighs to marinade and toss together to coat. Cover chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once chicken is done marinating, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken to the skillet and cook 5-7 minutes per side, until fully cooked through. (Internal temp should be 165 degrees F).
- Discard marinade.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board, let rest for 5 minutes; slice into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Evenly divide lettuce black beans, corn, rice and tomatoes into 4 bowls; top each with chicken and guacamole or avocado.
N O T E S
- To add more veggies – add sliced sweet bell peppers, jalapeño, sliced onions.
- You can add any other toppings you like such as sour cream, cheese, or salsa.
- Beef or pork are delicious replacements for the chicken.
Mary-Beth says: “This recipe comes from my Nutritional Therapy Practitioner colleague.”