- 2 cups of cooked, cubed or shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/cup chopped celery
- 2-3 tablespoons of Avocado Oil mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder OR
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- Romaine lettuce leaves , doubled up, for serving
- 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
- Avocado slices
- Olives, as desired
- handful of pumpkin seeds if desired
- Mix chicken with mayonnaise, dijon, walnuts, celery and spices of choice (salt, pepper, chili powder, tumeric).
- Wash large romaine lettuce leaves to be used for the “boats” and place on plates.
- Fill each boat with chicken salad mixture.
- Top chicken salad boats with chopped tomatoes, avocado slices, olives, seeds, as desired.
Mary-Beth says: “Poached chicken lends itself to easy chopping or shredding. This recipe makes enough for 4 “boats”. Be creative and adventurous with your spices; each time you sail off, you can be enjoying a new taste!”