- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 sprigs thyme
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2½-3 lb. total)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups arugula with tender stems
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit Magazine
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; cook chickpeas, thyme, and red pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, just until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- For grill: Preheat grill. Brush chicken with 4 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, skin side down, until golden brown and lightly charred, 8–10 minutes. Turn and grill until cooked through, 4 minutes longer.
- For oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush chicken with 4 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet (lined with foil, if desired).
- Bake for about 20 minutes; check for doneness-meat thermometer should be 165 degrees.
- Toss arugula, lemon zest, and lemon juice into chickpeas. Serve with chicken, drizzled with more oil and sprinkled with sea salt and pepper as desired.
Mary-Beth says: “Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this meal: it is nutrient dense and delicious. Might be a good idea to double the chicken quantity to have leftovers!”