- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeño diced and seeded
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 14 ½ ounces can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 avocado sliced, for garnish
- Tortilla chips
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker except for cheese, cilantro, avocado and tortilla strips.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred and add back to pot to keep warm .
- Spoon into bowls and and top with tortilla strips, shredded cheese and sliced avocado.
Mary-Beth says: “Serve with a mixed green salad to increase the nutrient density of the meal. You can use cooked chicken; just shred and add to soup at the end.”