- 3/4 cup plain, full-fat kefir
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- 1 banana, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Brazil nuts
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cacao nibs, for garnish
- In the following order, put the kefir, water, spinach, banana, cacao powder, peanut butter, Brazil nuts, and almond extract into a high-powered blender.
- Blend for 30 to 45 seconds, until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into a glass, top with the cacao nibs, and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Drew Ramsey, MD in his cookbook “Eat to Beat Depression and Anxiety”
Mary-Beth says: “”Packed with ingredients good for your brain and your taste buds, this smoothie is a perfect snack any time of day!”