- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), chopped (you should have about 4 cups)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1-15 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 4 cups spinach leaves
Dice the onion. Wash but do not peel the sweet potatoes and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Chop cauliflower into small florets.
- Saute onion in the olive oil in a large skillet that has high sides; or use a wide but shallow sauce pan.
- Add the sweet potato pieces and saute for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and saute for another 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in salt, curry powder, cumin and cayenne.
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Bring to boil, then cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes till vegetables are desired tenderness.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add chickpeas and spinach to the mixture. Heat till spinach wilts.
- Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Acouplecooks.com
Mary-Beth says: ““The flavors of this easy to make “soup” are wonderfully complex and it is rich in nutrients. The healthy coconut milk fat is delicious and will keep you satiated. You may want to experiment with the amount of spices, to customize your curry.