- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 links pork sausage, cut into pieces
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 eggplant, cut into small pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup canned peas (optional)
- ¼ cup sliced onion
- 1- 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- Parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, as desired
- Shredded Pecorino Romano cheese for serving
- Heat olive oil in stew pot on medium heat.
- Put sausage, peppers and onions in and cook till sausage is mostly cooked and vegetables are soft.
- Add chicken and cook through.
- Add eggplant cubes. Stir into mixture and cook on medium.
- When everything is cooked, add tomato sauce and canned peas.
- Add herbs/spices as desired (parsley, basil, garlic powder).
- Simmer on warm till flavors have blended and stew is hot.
- Serve with shredded cheese and crushed red pepper, if desired.
Mary-Beth says: “This started as ‘I wonder what I should do for dinner’, and then turned into a concoction that will be made over and over again.”