- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ lb. ground beef (optional)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (jar -no sugar added or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ green pepper, cut into strips
- 6-8 mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Placed diced zucchini in paper towels and squeeze out the moisture.
- Mix zucchini with ½ cup of mozzarella and ½ cup of cheddar and the 2 eggs.
- Press into buttered or olive oiled 10 inch pie/quiche dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven.
- If using ground beef, cook and drain the grease.
- Stir in sauce and basil to the meat and then spoon over the zucchini pie. If not using meat, just spoon the sauce and basil over the zucchini.
- Top with green peppers and mushrooms; sprinkle remaining cheeses on top.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.
Mary-Beth says: “This worn, tattered recipe card is part of my “go to” collection of recipes that I will never stop making. It pre-dates MOTLOT, but it fits right in with healthy-er eating. And it has it all: three vegetables in one dish, easy to make and appropriate for breakfast, lunch or dinner!”