- 1 cup Farro (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 cups water
- 1 zucchini, small dice
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 1/4 c small diced onion
- 1 cup small diced red, orange or yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Prepare farro per package directions.
- Saute vegetables in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil till soft but not mushy.
- Spoon farro into bowl, top with vegetables. Sprinkle feta cheese on top and enjoy as a side or main dish.
Mary-Beth says: “Farro has a chewy texture, and is a very flavorful whole grain. You can mix up the flavors by using any combination of vegetables and swapping parmesan or cheddar cheese for the feta.”