- Olive oil or Avocado oil
- 1 lb fresh green beans-I use haricot vert-broken in half
- 1 lb small red and white potatoes-washed and sliced
- Heat oil over medium heat in large frying pan.
- Add green beans; cook for about 7-8 minutes till partly cooked but still bright green.
- Add potatoes and cook with green beans for another 5-7 minutes till everything is cooked to desired doneness.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Dinner option: Cut up chicken tenders into small pieces and throw in pan for about 5-8 minutes to cook through. You will need to add a bit more olive oil to the pan. Makes for a great, fast, healthy-er dinner!
Mary-Beth says: “Green beans are vitamin C, A, and K rich, and provide fiber and beta-carotene, folate, and potassium; potatoes are no slouch when it comes to fiber, vitamin C and potassium too!”