- 1 pound green beans
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper, parsley, mint, basil
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 hard boiled egg, finetly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- Steam green beans till tender and bright green; drain, cool slightly; place in medium size bowl.
- Whisk together the white vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and herbs.
- Drizzle dressing on the green beans.
- Arrange the feta, tomatoes, almonds, egg, and olives on top.
- Serve at room temperature.
Mary-Beth says: “I love the way this salad looks with the toppings piled on top of the green beans. As you serve the toppings will get mixed in but be sure to get a picture when you set the bowl down on the table! I started making this salad in 1998 when I visited Well-Sweep Herb Farm in Port Murray, New Jersey. A friend and I spent the morning buying flowers and herbs and enjoying the peaceful beauty there. The kind folks at Well-Sweep included a few recipes, including this one, in their farm catalog.”