- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
Recipe from The Girl on Bloor
- Mix all ingredients for marinade together then marinate shrimp in a medium-sized bowl for 15 minutes.
- GRILLING METHOD: Preheat BBQ to 425 F. Add shrimp to skewers, then place on a baking sheet. Drizzle some extra marinade overtop then discard remaining marinade. Grill shrimp for 2 minutes per side until pink and fully cooked.
- STOVETOP METHOD: Add 1 tbsp butter or olive oil to a large skillet over med-high heat (I recommend butter for better flavor). Add shrimp along with marinade to skillet, sauteeing for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and no longer translucent.
- BROILER METHOD: Set oven to broil on high. Add shrimp to skewers, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle some extra marinade overtop then discard remaining marinade. Broil shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side (watch closely) until pink and fully cooked.
Mary-Beth says: “High in protein and important minerals, shrimp is a nutritious dinner; and this marinade makes it stellar!