- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 each: red, orange, yellow pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Shredded cheese
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Whole wheat or low carb tortillas (I use the 8 inch size)
- Salsa, sour cream as desired
- Toss chicken strips in bowl with olive oil and spices.
- Cook in skillet till cooked through, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add a bit more olive oil to skillet, and cook peppers and onions till desired softness.
- Add vegetables to chicken and toss together.
- Place one tortilla in skillet, top with some of the chicken mixture, add some cheese if desiered, and top with another tortilla and warm through. Flip over to cook other tortilla.
- Transfer to flat plate or cutting board and cut into quarters.
- Use sour cream and salsa as desired.
Mary-Beth says: “The chicken and vegetables can be prepped on your prep day so these come together pretty quickly. The real benefit of quesadillas is how customizeable they are! You can add just about any combination of meat/cheese/vegetable with a lot of taste success.”
*Tortillas come in a lot of varieties, and not just corn vs flour. One of our MOTLOT-ers has been doing some detective work on the quality and ingredients of various brands; we will soon be able to share that information. For now, here are two brands that rate pretty high with us.
La Tortilla Factory