- 1 lb purple (and red) potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 6 cups kale, stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 slices red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup almonds, slivered (optional)
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recipe courtesy of FoodsWithJudes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss potatoes with 1/2 Tbsp oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread out on a baking sheet, lined with parchment, in upper 1/3 of oven.
- Roast the potatoes, stirring once or twice, until tender and browned, 15 – 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place the bite size torn pieces of kale in a large bowl. Add thinly sliced red onions to bowl and toss..
- As soon as potatoes are finished roasting, place hot potatoes over prepared kale and quickly cover salad bowl with a plate or the baking sheet (it doesn’t have to fit perfectly)
- Let covered potatoes and kale stand for about five minutes while preparing dressing.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, honey, mustard, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Uncover kale-potato mix and add cranberries, crumbled cheese, and salad dressing; toss to combine. Serve immediately (but it is also delicious cold).
Mary-Beth says: “”An interesting flavorful way to enjoy the vitamins and minerals of kale.”