- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup shredded (raw) carrot
- 1 cup shredded (raw) parsnip (or raw, peeled beet)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons minced herb blend (thyme, rosemary, sage)
- ¼ onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cassava flour (or almond flour)
- 4 ounces uncured bacon (about 4 strips)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the beef with all of the ingredients except for the bacon. Using your hands massage gently to combine thoroughly. Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan, using your hands to press it into the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Arrange a few slices of bacon across the top of the mixture. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the bacon is browned and the loaf has reached an internal temperature of 150 degrees.
Mary-Beth says: ““Don’t be afraid to try this meatloaf -the vegetables add moisture, and you won’t miss the breadcrumbs.”
Recipe from The Nutrient Dense Kitchen cookbook