- 4 wild caught salmon filets, about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, diced
- 2 large avocados, diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds removed, diced
- Dash salt to taste
Recipe adapted from watermelon.org
- In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, jalapeño, green onions, and cilantro leaves. Whisk to combine, then add the watermelon and avocados to the bowl. Season to taste with salt and gently toss to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Combine the soy sauce and garlic in a liquid measuring cup and pour over salmon filets. Let marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- Bake salmon on parchment lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes or till internal temperature reaches 145 F.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then transfer to a serving platter. Top with the salsa. Serve immediately.
Mary-Beth says: “Salmon with this delightful, refreshing salsa is a summertime treat.”