- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raw pine nuts or chopped raw walnuts, almonds, or pecans (optional)
- Chopped fresh herbs like parsley (optional)
- A handful of Parmesan, feta, or goat cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large cast iron over medium high for 4 minutes.
- Add the oil, when hot and shining add the halved Brussels sprouts.
- Let sit completely undisturbed for 5 to 8 minutes, until they develop a dark, tasty, caramelized sear. Add the salt and pepper.
- Stir the Brussels sprouts. Continue cooking, stirring every few minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are browned all over and tender, about 6 to 8 additional minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the vinegar, then the nuts. As soon as the nuts are toasted, transfer the sprouts and nuts to a serving plate and sprinkle with fresh herbs and cheese if desired. Enjoy hot.
Mary-Beth says: “Brussels Sprouts are with packed fiber, Vitamins K and C. as well as folate, B6 and Omega-3 fatty acids too!”