- 1 lb ground lean turkey
- 2 Tablespoon olive oi
- ½ onion diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups black beans (organic canned)
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, no sugar added
- 1/4 cup green chilies
- Topping suggestions
- Sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes, romaine lettuce, salsa or toppings of choice
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and add diced onions and saute for a couple minutes.
- Add ground turkey and break up with a wooden spoon, add salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and black pepper and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until turkey is has started to brown .
- Transfer to crock pot, add beans, corn and tomato sauce and stir to combine. Place lid on crock pot and cook on low for 3-5 hours. Use a slotted spoon to serve the meat.
- Add toppings as desired.
Recipe adapted from nutritiouseats.com
Mary-Beth says: “This recipe can be used on top of a salad or as part of bowl meal; and what a great opportunity to add some additional vegetables.”