- 4 small sweet potatoes, cut in half length-wise
- 1 large poblano pepper, halved with stem and seeds removed
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar divided
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped, optional
- 2 green onions, chopped, optional
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Place sweet potato halves and poblano pepper halves cut side down, on baking sheet.Bake for about 25 minutes, till cooked through, but firm.
- Remove from oven and allow potatoes to cool for 10 minutes.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, lightly score the flesh with a paring knife to create a grid pattern.
- Gently scoop potato flesh into a large bowl, careful to leave potato skins intact.
- Place skins, hollowed side up, back on baking sheet.
- Dice poblano peppers and add to bowl with potatoes.
- Add black beans, cumin, chili powder, a ¼ cup of the cheese and salt and toss gently to combine.
- To stuff the potato skins, divide mixture evenly between potatoes skins, top with the remaining ¾ cup of cheese.
- Switch oven to broil and place baking sheet back in the oven. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- To make the sauce, combine Greek yogurt, chipotle hot sauce, lime juice and salt in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Remove potato skins from oven and top with cilantro, onion, diced avocado and yogurt sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Mary-Beth says: “These are so worth the effort; make a double batch to have as a grab and go nutritious snack or side dish.”