- ¼ cup of diced red onion
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (~1 pound)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Sea salt, pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 8 oz bag of Mann’s Fresh Fusion slaw: kale, kohlrabi, golden beet, red cabbage
- Any combination of cabbage and vegetables will work nicely; the precut bags are oh so convenient!
- Poach the chicken: put chicken and the red onion in a pan over medium heat with enough water to cover chicken. Bring to boil, then simmer till chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from water; reserve about ¼ cup of the broth.
- When chicken is cool, cut into bite size pieces or shred.
- Whisk together the dressing: Spices, lime juice, broth (add gradually; you probably will not need the whole amount.)
- In large bowl, combine the cabbage mixture, with the chicken, walnuts and cucumbers.
- Pour dressing over. Toss to mix well.
Mary-Beth says: “The raw, pre cut vegetables provide crunch along with a variety of nutrients. And adding walnuts for some extra omega-3 fatty acid never hurts either!”