Back To All Recipes
Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into disks
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth or beef bone broth
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut up
- 1 zucchini, cut up
- 1 yellow squash, cut up
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut in half if large
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Dry beef with paper towels, season with salt and pepper and add half of the beef to the pan, and brown for 4-5 minutes, turning gently.
- Transfer to plate and add the other half of the beef (add a little more olive oil if needed). Cook for about 4-5 minutes and transfer to plate.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, saute for 3-5 minutes till soft. Add garlic.
- Add broth, beef, sweet potato , zucchini, yellow squash, green beans and spices.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer.
- Simmer on low for 3-4 hours till beef is fall apart tender. Stir occasionally.