- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup diced Yukon gold or red skin potato
- 1 cup diced red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Handful of chopped swiss chard, spinach or kale
- Salt, pepper, parsley to taste
- 3-4 free range eggs
- Mozzarella or cheddar cheese pieces
- 1-2 avocados, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add onion and potato, and lightly season with a pinch of salt. Cook until golden and lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, zucchini,and tomatoes, and continue to cook until tender.
- Adding greens and cook till tender-2 -3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Add the cheese pieces.
- Crack 3-4 eggs on top of hash and cook till desired doneness.
- Serve the hash warm with avocado and hot sauces, if desired.
Mary-Beth says: “A variety of vegetables can be prepped ahead of time and thrown into the skillet to warm before adding the eggs. Alternatively, if you have enough time, cook vegetables fresh and then add the eggs.”