- 3/4lb kale, stemmed, washed and chopped, slightly damp
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 1lb yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2cup water or vegetable stock
Recipe courtesy of CDKitchen
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add squash and cook, for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly brown and translucent.
- Add garlic and stir 30 seconds then add kale and continue to cook and stir for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme and 1/4 cup of water or stock and continue to cook and stir another 5 minutes until squash and greens are tender.
- Add more water or stock if the mixture seems dry or sticks to pan.
- Season to taste and serve.
Mary-Beth says:“Pairing a mild (and popular) vegetable like yellow squash might help you learn to enjoy kale more!”